Thursday, December 11, 2008

My first blog


I decided to open up my own blog sphere. I don't really know where this will take me or how long it's going to last but I want to share my kids book ideas and daily (mostly stupid/nonsensical/weird) thoughts and daydreams...

The title is actually a very good reflection of the hodgepodge of things I like. I've taken some German courses in the past and I LOVE the language, and of late I've been fascinated by Swedish art culture so it's there. Ehon is a japanese word for kids' (picture) book and thats what I am passionate about the most these days. I am also an experimental raw fooder - meaning that I eat mostly raw but eat anything that helps me function at a maximum level and gives me mental clarity so maybe some days I would talk about my raw food journey, if I feel like it. Iam also a proud member of Give It To Me Raw (talk about talking dirty!!). You can learn so ,uch about raw foods there.

Life is really funny - sometimes you do things you did not intend to and end up getting an unexpected result - be it good or bad. Sometimes I think about life and its meaning (simply because I have so much free time as of now - lucky me!) and wonder if life has any meaning at all, like the universe is doing its own things and we are just going along with it. Well, I don't want to get into that too much on my first day but just wanted throw that in here.

Speaking of nonsense, I came across an Swedish artist called Jockm Nordstrom the other day, and man, his work blew my mind!!!! I've bought two of his picture books and LOVing them, reading like every day. For me, a good indication of whether a book is good or not is if it makes me wanna hang out in their world or not. And his world, I totally pack everything I have right now and leave!!!!!! Some call his work modern/nonsense type of art and I love the fact that he is not, at least to me, trying to preach or lebel or difine anything for anyone. Things are just there in his world, embracing both goods and bads. This approach resonates with my mindset so much right now and can't get enough of his world...

So my goal for the meantime is to post at least one art idea for one post , preferebly each day. I started working on my first book and started drawing and making the basic plot...see what happens. I have all these ideas but me being lazy and never been to any art school and whatnot, my drawing skill seems to be far behind. But you gotta start from somewhere, right??

so the above is something I draw cuz i wanted to draw something Japanese but modern at the same time.


and the one after that is my kids book idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment