Tuesday, December 16, 2008




So my obsession with Jock Nordstrom still continues and I bought another one of his kids' books...what's amazing about his work is that people consider his work to be modern and kind radical in a sense that the usage of color, texture, techniques etc is unprecedented, and yet it feels so warm and fuzzy and reminds of me of something I've experienced before and have been missing it and searching for it for a long time. Like everyday-ness we tend to forget amid the busy schedule we have nowadays. There's a scene where Pekka the dog goes to a pharmacy to pick up a medicine for Sailor, but he gets distracted by shoes in front of the bakery and tries them on - I mean, does it have any significance to the story line? Absolutely not! but sometimes we are attracted by things that might impede our pursuit of true meaningful, purposeful path and go sideways, or even go awry and it's totally ok and worth it. Kinda of my life in a nutshell, haha.




Anyhoo, Im really excited about starting my new job in Tokyo - first i wasn't cuz it's a marketing related job and God forbid I know NOTHING about marketing and business but life is all about learning and discovering new self, methinks. So Ill be moving to Tokyo and start living on my own, which I used to do ever since I was 17 and Im MUCH excited about going back to the living alone situation. I love my family but I just can't be around people 24/7! So if anyone is gonna be in Tokyo area, lemme know. I told one of my friend the other day that I was gonna be working for a marketing company, he told me he ca't possibly imagine me doing that. I thought the same thing, but at the same time, I wouldn't know unless I do it. If I totally hate it, I can always quit. I'll be still working on my drawing anyways...




Above drawing is another one for my book, and it's thanks to Shannonmarie, an awesome raw foodie who is a culinary super-woman! She posted raw version of gingerbread man cupcake the other day and I thought of drawing this for my kids book. It reminded me of my childhood, when I wanted to throw everything in the kitchen into my cupcake...its always fun to concoct something completely new and not follow the recipe. Maybe that's why only accomplishment I've ever made in the kitchen is a mess, huh? oh well. Thank you Shannon for an awesome inspiration!




BTW, it's getting brutaly cold here in Nagano though the mountains are capped with snow and uber pretty...I should post the picture of that. I was driving yesterday and I almost hit a herd of monkeys, who happnened to be crossing the street. It gave me a stroke almost...you don't want your first car accident memory being hitting a bunch of monkeys do ya?? Not that hitting 80-year-old grandma any better...but you know what I mean. Drive safe everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment